10 Responses to “WeightWatchers Rich Toffee Bars”

Comments

1. avatar Julie says:

WHat is your stance on stevia liquid drops with nothing added? I have to take 2 tsp of powdered vitamin c 2x day, and without the stevia to sweeten it a bit, it’s way too tart. Is there a better alternative? I know this doesn’t have anything to do with the blog at hand, but the blog spurred the question.

2. avatar Helena Wojtczak says:

Kensit should be ashamed. The things some people do for money!

3. avatar Clare says:

Actually I think these rich toffee bars are delicious BUT they give me terrible gas. I’ve been trying to find out which ingredient. Maybe the polydextrose

4. avatar JustMEinT says:

George… sadly I no longer consider that Former Icon CADBURY a ‘decent brand’…. now that they are owned by foreigners….. and have changed their formulations, it tastes awful compared to say LINDT 85%… or even Whitakers 72%. Down Under (here) in Tasmania we have a Cadbury Factory – just outside of Hobart. When they sold out to overseas interests, all formulations were changed. Our smaller stores (some of them) used to sell White or dark chocolate buttons, which local people (some) bought for use in cooking…..

After the formula change which WE the public were not told about, the buttons started to burn if you tried to melt them in the microwave… which we had always been able to do previously….. and they taste YUCK…..

Of course I no longer use them in cooking. I only allow myself a one inch square of the 85% daily as a medicinal treat :-)

Just MEinT

5. avatar George @ the High Fat hep C Diet says:

I saw a study a while back where even the consumption of milky (white) chocolate was associated with health benefits. I reckon it’s the cocoa butter. These chocolates may be high in sugar, but if a decent brand (like Cadburys or Whittakers) still supply more energy from cocoa butter than from carbohydrate, and the fat plus protein matrix will slow the digestion of the sugar.

Whereas those Weight Watchers things are simply hideous.

6. avatar Dave P says:

I should like to thank Patsy for eating these bars, It means a few less to be tempted by and tempt is what the advertising is trying to do

7. avatar Ash Simmonds says:

Somehow people have become convinced that eating indigestible stuff is good – the usual excuses are that it fills you up without being metabolised, and makes you crap more. Not sure why, but these reasons exemplify why I wouldn’t want to consume indigestible stuff.

8. avatar Jennie Harborth says:

Since I’ve been on your diet, Zoe, I have had no cravings at all for rubbish food.

In fact, I have lettuce three times a day with my meals and find I’m really disappointed if I can’t have it. Have I developed a craving for lettuce?

I hope Patsy gets to read your article if she’s serious about losing weight and more importantly, keeping her health.

9. avatar Peter Lawton says:

Nice bit of descriptive writing, ma’am,– erm,- sir.

3 + 2 =