Meat & Saturated fat
* It is generally believed that meat is "full of saturated fat."
* This note presents four facts about fat, which undermine this belief.
* It then explains what the three natural fats are (saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated) and why the word saturated should be replaced with stable.
* Then it reviews four commonly consumed meats (some lean, some with fat) and lard (animal fat) to show definitively that meat is not "full of saturated fat."
* The note concludes by showing that it wouldn't matter if meat were full of saturated fat as saturated fat isn't harmful anyway.
The rest of this article is available to site members, who get access to all articles plus a weekly newsletter.
To continue reading, please login below or sign up for a membership. Thank you.